|Dice your onion. I use about a quarter of a medium sized onion.|
|Dice your tomato. Two big or 3-4 small-ish ones.|
|Throw your tomato and onion into a bowl.|
|Dice up your cilantro. About a tablespoon.|
|Add to tomatos and onions.|
|Squeeze lemon juice onto the mixture.
(Add jalapeno hear if you want.)
|Add about a tsp of garlic powder.
I use powder instead of salt so we don’t get too much sodium.
|Generously add pepper if your husband is a pepper lover like mine.
Plus a pinch of salt or so (you can always add more later).
|Mix it up.|
|Admire how beautiful and summery it looks.|
Next, put it in the fridge for about an hour so the flavors can mingle.
|Most important step right here….taste it! Does it need anything else?
Add it in and stir it up.
|Eat with chips or on a taco salad or off the spoon.
There’s really no wrong way to eat this stuff.
(We like to call nachos a taco salad in our house. Sounds healthier!)
Here’s a few highlights from the vacay.
- I gained 5 pounds because I ate approximately 7 meals a day (minimum).
- I was a terrible blogger and only managed to take photos of a couple meals. I was too busy eating them.
- The long island ice teas they serve on the Beach in St. Thomas are straight alcohol. Nothing else. This girl was duuunnnne.
- The free donut shop on the ship could have caused a lot more damage if they had been Krispy Kremes.
- Our ship made other ships look like toys when we were parked next to them at port.
This photo doesn’t even do it justice.
- We were offered illegal drugs no less than 3 times while visiting St. Maarten.
- I ran 2.4 laps around the running track on the ship exactly one time which equals 1 mile. Then I ate more food.
- I somehow managed to spend $0 on souvenirs but dropped way to much change on a couples massage.
- No matter where we were going we managed to end up on the wrong side of the ship 9 times out of 10. It was huge. That’s what she said.
- I thought about work 0 total times until we got back to KS and I realized no tornadoes had passed through the area to destroy it.
- We saw lots of itsy-bitsey-teeny-weeny-bikinis on not so itsy-bitsey-teeny-weeny people. And WAY too many Speedos. Unless your an Olympic swimmer, the answer is NO to the Speedo.
- Two different people asked Seth and I if we were brother and sister. No, and WTF?
MY HUSBAND FINALLY LIVES IN THE SAME HOUSE AS ME!!!!
1. My husband saved a life yesterday. I thought it deserved its own post so you get two today. Yay!
2. Leaving work early for a wedding today. Yay again!!
3. We leave for vacation next Friday. Yay Yay Yay!
4. Okay, done with the yay’s now…I think. Is it normal that I eat more than my husband? I picked up some BBQ for dinner last night and downed my sandwich and all the fries before Seth had finished his sandwich and half his fries. Then he never even ate the second half of the fries. I was mighty tempted to finish them for him (which would have been way too easy) but instead I fed them to Gunnar since I have to wear a swimsuit in a week. Will power at it’s finest.
5. It’s back to school week near my neck of the woods. Basically that means my facebook feed is slammed with photo after photo of my “friends” kids on their first day back to school. Since I’m sad I don’t get to go back to school and I have yet to produce offspring…here’s a nice little throwback for you of my back to school days. Be jealous of that school uniform! Did I ever mention I spent my elementary years at a school in my grandma’s basement?? Story for another day.
|Pippi Longstocking would be proud of those braids. Mmhmm.|
6. This morning when I went outside to leave for work it felt almost like fall. What the bejeezus? I feel like it hasn’t even been summer yet. Especially after that nightmare of a snowstorm winter we had. Good think I will be soaking up some sun in a tropical paradise soon. Then I can come home to fall and apple cider donuts and pumpkin spice candles. Oh yum. Maybe fall isn’t too bad….
7. Never really knew what Vine was…still don’t really know what Vine is. You should probably watch this video though that is a compilation of the best Vine videos of 2013 so far. It’s 11 minutes but I swear it doesn’t seem that long at all. Happy Friday. ENJOY!
Linking up at Conversion Diary.
I’d say I had a semi-average weekend. What else is new?
|Summer on a plate my friend.|
It’s FRIDAY!! Okay, so it’s not really Friday but it’s my last work day of the week which essentially means, it’s Friday. If it’s not your Friday, please excuse my exuberance in this post.
|A lovely little banner wreath on our front door.|
|Then I painted a few colorful blocks.|
|Mod Podged and freehanded a couple letters…|
|And BOOM! A patriotic bathroom. (nevermind the fuzzy-ness)
Find the patriotic printable here.
I recently decided that July is probably one of my favorite months. I don’t think I could pick just one month to be a favorite so I will stick with one of my favorites.
|I dare you to argue this guy doesn’t love Americuh!|
|He’s single ladies:) (and back in the states)|
Remember when my garden looked like this? All sweet and innocent in nice pretty rows?
|Barely sprouting out of the ground?|
|Literally, a jungle.|
Monday, I busted out the tiller, my garden gloves and an empty wheelbarrow and went to work. After about two hours I had a pile of weeds, muddy knees and some satisfaction.
|This picture doesn’t even do the amount of weeds justice. It was A LOT.|
It’s the most dreaded day of the week again, Monday! Actually my Monday’s aren’t too terrible. The work load is usually pretty light which is convenient since I’m always sleepy. Today is no exception.
|See, I look like a lobster.|
|Quite the upgrade, if I may say so.|
And because I’m really nice, I didn’t even watermark it! If you use it, I would love for you to tell me in the comments, or please link back to my site if you post it somewhere:)
What’s your favorite thing about the 4th of July? Free printable’s maybe? Haha. Mine would have to be the huge reunion we have every year with my ginormous family. Tons of food, fireworks, and freedom! Plus we are getting these super sweet shirts this year….