My husbands butt in these jeans…
(I bet that title made you click, huh? I’m not a failure at my non-resolutions that is!)
My New Years goal to Simplify my life is going pretty well. Am I an expert at it yet? Not even close. Here’s a few things I have done so far to help me get the process going…
I cleaned out a few kitchen cabinets that were literally overflowing. I purged a bunch of food that was expired or that I realized we will never eat and reorganized to make things easier to find. Now I don’t dread opening up my cabinets. Win!
I set up a second checking account with automatic transfers from our regular checking account. A small amount is transferred each Friday (Seth’s payday). This money will be used on household projects such re-roofing and re-siding our house. Which will help avoid the, “oh shoot, that’s a lot of money to come up with” Yay!
I have continued to write my to do lists in my planner and then try to get through the items on my list each day. If I don’t complete the item I move it to the next day. Re-writing the same thing over and over from day to day seems stupid to me so I just get the item done so I can check it off. I love checking off lists!
It might only be the second week of January but hopefully I will be able to stick with it. Wish me luck!
How have your resolutions or non-resolutions been going so far?? Any tips or tricks?
It’s already the 5th of January and until I started writing this post I was feeling slightly overwhelmed and like I already failed at the New Year. I decided to not make formal New Years Resolutions this year and I was a little worried about it because who doesn’t like starting a new year with a long list of to-do’s?
|Can you tell I’m currently loving gold and polka dots?|
|January is filling up!|
Obviously, when I said “I’m back” I lied. Not sure why it’s so hard to find the time to write now but it is. Maybe I’m afraid of boring you because I like my job and what’s going on in my life (for the most part) so it might be a little dull to read. Or maybe it’s because I really am busy and I really don’t have the time. Maybe I forgot how to be entertaining. Yeah, right.
Guess I’ll give all of you a short list of what’s happened in my life in the last several months.
- I lost my job due to a layoff and was unemployed over the holidays. Not fun.
- I found a new job through Linked In and have currently been here for about 3 1/2 months.
- I love my new job and my boss and the people I work with and the whole shebang. It’s fantastic.
- My dog was chasing was chasing something and somehow managed to dislocate his front elbow (Is that what it’s called on a dog??). He recovered just fine.
- My dog felt the need to chase a car and got hit (at 9:30pm), we took him to the Animal Hospital at K-State (at 2am) after visiting another clinic and they kept him overnight. He has since recovered.
- I got my garden planted.
- I have tried and successfully added a few new homemade recipes (that Seth also enjoys) to the rotation.
- Seth built me some awesome shelves in my craft closet that are yet to be filled because I’m pathetic.
- I made some new friends at my new job that are pretty great.
- I have finally been working out again and trying to eat healthy which is way easier said than done.
- I joined Weight Watchers to help my drop a few extra winter lbs and to make myself focus on making better food decisions. Let’s say overall it’s gone well but this week I sort of fell off the wagon and it backed up and ran over me again.
- I have seen a million different movies over the past months and would be happy to give you a review if you are interested.
- I got my hair done with ombre highlights which was the first time I have ever had color added so that was fun and I love it.
September said goodbye in a blazing sunset of glory last night.
Yesterday I got a text from Seth saying, “The craziest thing just happened to me.” Naturally I asked if he won the lottery. He didn’t, but he did do something else that I think was pretty darn amazing…
And this is where it gets really good…
Some days being a grown up sucks. Big time. I’d really love it if Tink could swing by and sprinkle me with pixie dust so I could fly off off and away to a happy little place called Neverland. You know, the place where you never have to grow up? The place were responsibilities are far far away and your worst day consists of sitting on rocks, soaking up the sun, mermaid style?